Update to 0.58, a bugfix version.
From the upstream changelog:
- Changed to store all permissions of files and directories, even those with standard permissions of 644 and 755. This is unfortunately necessary in order to support etckeeper init on a checkout that was made with a nonstandard umask, in which case the files that were expected to be 644 and 755, won't be. Closes: http://bugs.debian.org/649701 Thanks to Дмитрий Матросов for reporting the bug and developing a fixup script (attached to the bug) which could be used if you've already encountered this problem.
- Bugfix for filenames containing single quotes.
- Use git add -A, which automatically removes deleted files, and avoids a separate call to git add -u. Thanks to Miklos Vajna, whose patch in 2008 was deferred because -A was then too new, and languished in a branch until found today.
- Optimised metadata storage.
- cron.daily: Don't stop committing when a stale packagelist.pre-install file exists. Thanks to gulikoza for noticing this bug.
Please login to add feedback.