Update to 3.3.1:
- ctest: fix add_subdirectory() crash
- add_subdirectory: Fix error message on missing CMakeLists.txt (#15680)
- Fortran: Store detected compiler version persistently (#15684)
Release notes appear below and are also published at
Some of the more significant features of CMake 3.3 are:
- The "if()" command learned a new "IN_LIST" operator that evaluates to true if a given element is contained in a named list.
- The "add_dependencies()" command learned to allow dependencies to be added to interface libraries. Dependencies added to an interface library are followed transitively in its place since the target itself does not build.
- The "find_library()", "find_path()", and "find_file()" commands now search in installation prefixes derived from the "PATH" environment variable.
- The "<LANG>_VISIBILITY_PRESET" and "VISIBILITY_INLINES_HIDDEN" target properties now affect compilation in sources of all target types. See policy "CMP0063".
- A "<LANG>INCLUDE_WHAT_YOU_USE" target property and supporting "CMAKE<LANG>_INCLUDE_WHAT_YOU_USE" variable were introduced to tell the Makefile Generators and the "Ninja" generator to run "include-what-you-use" along with the compiler for "C" and "CXX" languages.
Deprecated and Removed Features:
- The "ctest_build()" and "build_command()" commands no longer tell "make" tools to ignore errors with the "-i" option. Previously this was done for Makefile Generators but not others. See policy "CMP0061".
- The "add_definitions()" command no longer causes a "DEFINITIONS" directory property to be populated. See policy "CMP0059".
Please login to add feedback.